How the Mortgage Process works
Firstly, you need to be aware that it will take a number of weeks from making your initial application to receiving your Letter of Offer. Therefore, give yourself plenty of time and start the process as early as possible.
- Contact DW Financial to arrange an appointment and Lisanne will be more than happy to take you through the process.
- All paperwork needs to be gathered. Please refer to our checklists to see what you need.
- We review all the lenders available to us and recommend the best options available based on salary, rates etc.
- Lisanne will go through all your financial statements to ensure your accounts are mortgage ready and to clarify any transactions that need to be accounted for.
- The applications will be completed and all paperwork submitted to the lender/s chosen.
- Lisanne will liaise with the lender to progress the application as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- The lender will review all paperwork submitted and request any additional documents they may require.
- Once the underwriters are happy with everything, they will request a valuation on the property.
- When the valuation is received and approved the lender will then issue your letter of offer to your solicitor.
- At this point you can meet your solicitor to sign contracts and pay your deposit. You would have paid your booking deposit when you selected your new home.
- You will need to put Mortgage Protection Insurance and buildings insurance in place to meet your lenders requirements. DW Financial can assist you to get the best cover and premiums to meet your needs.
- When your house is ready your solicitor will request the funds from the lender and transfer payment to the seller.
- Then the most important time of all, you get your keys.
At DW Financial we have access to a wide range of lenders including the main lenders. Whether you are an employee, self-employed or in contract work, we have the mortgage to suit you.
What DW Financial will do for you
Review your financial details
Advise you on the level of mortgage obtainable and options available
Advise you in relation to the documents that are required
Review all your accounts to ensure they are mortgage ready
Guide you on any changes that may need to be made before submitting your case to a lender
Package your mortgage application to ensure it meets lender requirements
Liaise with you and the lender on any items required and keep you updated on the progress
Provide you with the best options available for Mortgage Protection Insurance
Bring you through the process to completion of the mortgage
Book a complimentary consultation
This meeting will last 1 hour
Avail of free parking behind our office in the Supervalu Car Park
We will take you through the Mortgage Process step by step
Arrange a second appointment when you have gathered all necessary documents
“Making the process as easy as possible“